Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 June 2012

Pocket full of SUNSHINE

Hi everyone!

Past few days have been such a pleasure to me. I read the book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'  by Khaled Hosseini. I'm thrilled and excited at the same to have been reading it. The book brings such a wave of emotions and plight of the women in Afghanistan. More influencing feature was that the protagonist is a female, that in itself infused a lot of optimism to fight against the wrong and keep going successfully in adverse circumstances as well. :)

Coming to the post, I would like to add that this shoot took just a few minutes. As soon as my cousin arrived to see me this mid February, the first thing I did was to hand over the camera to her and put up my views as to how I wanted the pictures should come. The time was perfect, exactly when the sun was at the verge of setting down and I wanted to spare every single second and capture as many good pictures as  I can, for I had thought the little sunlight and its effects would go perfect with the pictures.

I truly adore those yellow jeans. Luckily one day, while I was just browsing through some clothes in a mall, I came across this polka dotted navy blue cardigan.







The cardigan with those balloon sleeves and two side pockets with a bow on each looked so feminine to me. Also the polka dots made it look very fashionable. Color blocking, which is a bold and fun way to dress, has been such a huge trend and so I couldn't resist myself trying it for once. I've gone with the 'Separate' technique to styling a color blocked outfit which is mixing garments of contrasting colors by teaming that navy blue, polka dotted cardigan up with the those yellow jeans. Also to complete the look I've used a neutral shade, white. I got a short sleeves white blouse so that it looks gorgeous and looks visually uneventful in relation to the rest of the outfit.

I had just wished the combination works well and hopefully the pictures were satisfactory. :)

The post is titled so.Thanks to my friends on FB to have come up with a comment like this. I liked it and could not come up with any other title better than this :D

Hope you like the post and the pictures as well.

Images by Monica di.

Love :)


2 comments: